Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Curry squash soup!

I have not updated in a while. Been having a rough time with the candida. >.> Oh, the wonderful joy of die off.

i have still been cooking, when i'm not laying in bed trying to focus on reading.
anyhootles.
I'm thinking about changing the name of this blog to "if you're poor and have candida." or something like that.
Buying all organic food all the time gets so expensive. At my local helath food store three items is usually $30 or more.

Lucky for me, my mom has chickens and a garden, and usually has a plethora of eggs and vegetables to give to me.

Today i ran out of zucchini, i have squash and spinach left ;_;
 I've done some reasearch and certain squashes are okay for candida people to have. i used summer squash for this recipe

so here it is:

1 whole summer squash
2 sprigs of green onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic. (chopped)
1 tablespoon curry paste
salt and pepper to taste.
1/2 cup coconut milk

First, cut up your squash, and remove the insides (i later baked the seeds, for a snack)
Fill a pot with about a cup and a half of water.
Throw in your cubed squash, and cook until tender.
When you can easily stick a fork through one of the pieces, they are ready. Throw the squash and water into a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour this back into the pot.
I'm a small sauce pan, pour a small amount of olive oil and cook garlic and onions until tender.
Add about a table spoon of curry paste and the coconut milk, stirring until paste is no longer lumpy.
Pour the coconut curry mixture into the soup, and stir.
At this point i added spinach and let it sit until the spinach was done.
Add salt and pepper. and enjoy!

I finally have my camera again so here's is a picture!
















Excuse the really bad quality of my camera. and the bad lighting ;_; It looks more orange than this in person...

Anyhow, that's all for today.

<33333333333333

No comments:

Post a Comment