Sunday, September 12, 2010

Avacado brownies + simple blackberry muffins

I've been trying to find a way to replace butter in recipes, without having to use a bunch of oil. Avacado is perfect for this, it may turn cookies a slight green color, but green is pretty. so that makes up for it, right?
Anyhow, here's the recipe:

1 cup Hazelnut flour
3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
3/4 cup Xylitol
3 Tablespoons Water
1/2 Avocado
2 T Almond Milk
handful of sunflower seeds

combine all ingredients, the batter will be very thick. If you have a food processor, it would be best to mash up the avocado in that beforehand.
Cook at 350 until edges solidify. Let cool, and eat.

These are very rich. very very rich. and gooey. I love them.

















Blackberry muffins!

1/2 cup hazelnut flour
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup xylitol
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup oil (i used olive oil)
1 cup blackberries

Combine flours, xylitol, salt, and baking powder.
Add almond milk and oil, the batter will be thick.
Fold in the blackberries, i used frozen, but i'm sure fresh will work just fine too.
Plop walnut sized balls into muffin tin, and bake at 400 degrees until slighty golden .
You may also choose to sprinkle xylitol on top when they are done cooking, it adds that extra pizazz

.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog, you seem to be just like me, needing a candida friendly cake fix! Have you tried chickpea flour? It's also known as gram flour, and makes the tastiest pancakes and pizza bases. Also I've found cornmeal to make really nice, light sponges. I'm off to try your brownie recipe now! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing some research and it seems xylitol is a no-no since it's usually made from corn...apparently it might be ok to use the one made from birch bark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also forgot to add your blog is WONDERFUL! I'll definitely be following. I just started a candida free diet and taking NOW foods candida clear so I'm good so far but finding out that my diet doesn't have to be sadly restricted is really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you.

    Candida Diet Foods

    ReplyDelete